Proper Sitting Posture:
- Eyes at the center of Monitor.
- Elbows flexed between 70-90 degrees.
- Hip flexed at 90 degrees.
- Knees flexed at 90 degrees.
- Feet flat on the floor.
- Back straight and supported.
Proper Lifting Technique:
- Proper balance and foot wear.
- Keep the weight close to center of the body.
- Keep the lower back arched.
- Lift from the legs.
- Activate transverse abs before lifting.
Proper Sleeping Form:
- Don’t sleep on stomach.
- Don’t sleep on chair or sofa.
- Don’t read or watch TV with head propped forward.
- Use a cervical pillow or a thicker pillow if you are sleeping on your side, and a thinner pillow if you sleep on your back.
Proper Driving Position:
- Keep hips, knees, and ankles at 90 degrees.
- Move the seat forward so the elbows are at 90, and wrist in neutral.
- Back against seat back, and headrest adjusted so it touches back of head lightly, without forcing the head into flexion.
My Own Back
So, I hurt my own back a few days ago due to prolong standing in a wrong way at work coupled with teaching my son how to bike, again, in bent position. I finally feel better today. I did therapies and exercises on myself and took no medication. Last time I took an Advil which masked the pain and I really hurt my back.
So now I use a stool for very treatment I render. People with back pain should also do the same when brushing teeth, washing dishes or what have you. A little stool can go a long way….